Thursday, April 23, 2009

Astrology & Art

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am very much into astrology, not just sun signs or what is commonly referred to as Star Signs, but , more in depth stuff like analysing natal charts to understand one self or another on a more in depth level.

When I began studying astrology years ago now I think it was back in 1999, I was amazed to find that there were reasons people behaved in certain ways or displayed certain tendencies which could be understood if you look at the archetypes and deeper meanings within astrology and I couldnt believe how indepth, intricate and accurate it was. I was finally able to understand why certain people I knew had certain moods or ways of interacting it was like a whole new world had opened up to me.

That said I do think that your sun sign is a big influence too, I am a Taurus and pretty typical of a Taurus in many ways, when I was asked to write about how being a Taurus influenced my art and artmaking process for Luludesign's blog, I thought cool, I know exactly how I do this and went about attempting to explain it.

Kathy Crabbe (Luludesign) does "soul readings" and I have actually had a reading from her myself which was very accurate - you can check out her blog here and read about how being a Taurus influences me in my approach to my art and life.

2 comments:

  1. nice paintaining...really wonderful....visit mine.. u will like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yeah, I love astrology too. it's part of my path, something that helped me enormously to understand not only myself and the others, but how life works and the universe ways. it's also a big source of inspiration in my own art. and Taurus are artistical and beauty lovers by nature.

    ReplyDelete