Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Fairy Painting!

This is my first painting for 2009.

Title: "The Lotus Pond Fairy"

Medium: Acrylic paint on canvas panel
Size: 15" x 18"

I was recently headed back home after my late afternoon walk and spotted an amazing pink lotus flower right next door to my place.

About a month earlier I noticed that my neighbour had a couple of strange looking pots filled with water and greenery in them, I had no idea that she was growing this gorgeous lotus and as I had never seen a real life lotus before, I found it so beautiful to look at.
So I took a few pictures which partly inspired this artwork. As the painting came together I felt like it had a symbolic meaning also.

"A storm has passed and just as the sun is making its way through receding clouds, the fairy that lives at the lotus pond is free to emerge and enjoy the beautiful pond again "

----> To view larger images of the painting click link below to view at my artwanted portfolio

http://www.artwanted.com/imageview.cfm?id=787436&SGID=6832

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Fairy painting! Excellent work. You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete