Monday, August 31, 2009

New Painting - Goddess Of Moon & Stars


This is my latest painting titled: Goddess Of Moon & Stars
Medium: Acrylic Paint on canvas panel
Size: 16 x 20 inches

About the artwork: She represents the idea that we are not merely of the earth but the moon and the stars, in other words the belief that our souls are connected to so much more than the everyday experience of life. I feel with this painting it is also more of a personal aspect of my psyche where usually I feel I am painting more as an observer, this feels like it has come from a very personal place.

Posters, Cards, Postcards and more products now available from my Zazzle Store.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Just beautiful!!! I found you on FB and Etsy too! I love your paintings and the messages behind them. I am connected to that otherworldliness too and the mysticism of it all...and I feel like I'm filled with fairy dust! ;-) As a matter of fact on my way to work today I saw a WHITE DEER!! I still can't get over it and my mind is reeling with the thoughts of what that might portend.......
    I look forward to reading your blog and seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexie, thanks so much for your comments on my art. You saw a white deer? Wow that sounds like an amazing sighting. I might suggest white symbolises purity, purity of spirit and intention but Im not sure what it would mean to you personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Yes...the white deer was truly amazing. I did some research online about it, and apparently a white deer is a very powerful sign.... it's a message that you are on a path of growth and expansion that will lead you in a direction beyond your wildest dreams. The message of the white deer is one of “get ready.”
    It's funny too because I'm on a soul quest right now and this sign couldn't have come at a better time! ;-)

    -Kim (a lot of people call me Lexie because of my company name.....LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful and I love the moon...so serene and mysterious!

    ReplyDelete